Are Dental Implants Worth It? Cost, Procedure, and More!
Missing teeth hurt more than just your confidence.
Besides preventing you from smiling, it also:
- Makes eating difficult
- Causes existing teeth to shift
- Results in bone loss
- Creates a sunken facial appearance, causing you to look older
So yes, a dental implant is worth it.
Dental implants restore your smile and mouth functions so you can talk, eat, and laugh – without embarrassment.
In this blog, we’ll break down what an implant is, how it’ll give you your life back, and more.
How much does a dental implant cost?
When asking this question in particular, you’re probably wondering if a dental implant is worth the investment.
To break it down, a dental implant is made up of three parts:
- Post: The implant post cost ranges from $900-$2500.
- Abutment: This cost is usually combined with your crown cost.
- Crown: Dental crowns can range anywhere from $500 to $3000.
A dental implant is considered a restorative dental service and may be partially covered by insurance.
They’re an investment for:
- Preserving jawbone structure
- Eating and chewing
Don’t let missing teeth prevent you from living your life to the fullest.
Do dental implants hurt?
Many patients report that a dental implant procedure doesn’t hurt.
With modern technology and training, your dentist will work to ensure you’re completely comfortable before beginning the process.
Dentists will typically administer local anesthesia or sedation dentistry to eliminate stress and pain.
What’s the procedure like?
There are three major steps in a dental implant procedure after your initial consultation.
- Step 1: A titanium implant post that resembles your tooth root is surgically placed within your jaw.
- Step 2: A small connector, the abutment, serves as the attachment point between your post and the new restoration.
- Step 3: Depending on your needs, your custom-made restoration can either be a dental crown, bridge, or denture. This is placed on the abutment.
Something to keep in mind:
Implants can take some time to fuse with your jawbone, and the healing process varies from patient to patient. On average, the healing time for your post can be anywhere between three to eight months.
You can go about your day-to-day routine as soon as your procedure is done!
How long do dental implants last?
The implant post can last a lifetime with proper oral hygiene.
The dental crown can last anywhere between 10 to 15 years on average before needing a replacement.
Great oral hygiene consists of:
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day
- Flossing at least once a day
- Visiting your dentist for routine exams and cleanings
Dental implants are the long-term solution to missing teeth, broken teeth, or to support removable and permanent dentures.
Taking care of them the way you’d take care of your normal teeth will help extend its lifetime!
Where can I get dental implants near me?
If you’re located in the Greater Seattle area, we invite you to schedule a consultation at our office, Amato Dental Group.
For over 30 years, we’ve been changing the lives of patients by exceeding dental expectations.
Improve your quality of life with dental implants now.
Amato Dental Group is located in Seattle, WA… This text opens a new tab to our office on Google Maps… and proudly serves surrounding communities, including Downtown Seattle, First Hill, Capitol Hill, Central District, Mt. Baker, Madrona, Madison Park, Mercer Island, Kirkland, Bellevue, Redmond, and University District.